I Will Remember



In Jewish tradition, when the Lord would do something miraculous his people would pile rocks one ontop another. It was their way of marking his works to remind people of the present and future of his goodness.

When the Israelites passed the Jordan river on dry ground, they stacked twelve rocks of remembrance just on the other side (Joshua 4). When Jacob awoke from seeing the ladder to heaven, he did the same (Genesis 28). It was a way of keeping the testimony of Jesus alive.

I recently finished one of the sweetest seasons of my life. I completed my third and final year of ministry school at Bethel Supernatural School of Ministry (BSSM) in Redding, California. In these three years I have learned and seen a whole lot of God. Things I never want to forget.

Throughout my journey here I have filled journals, notes, and voice memos of what God has done. However, two months ago I sat at a table with my housemates as one of them led us through an activity. She prompted us to ask God about our rocks of remembrance. In this activity, I drew a tower of rocks and scrunched words inside to help me recall all God has done and shown me in my time at BSSM.

About a month after, I was prompted by leaders in my school to make a creative expression with Jesus of my time here. As the busyness of the end of one season rushed into the opening of another, time passed. I didn't prioritize time to create. As more and more conversations came up with friends reflecting on God's goodness, Jesus pricked my heart to revisit that prompt.

He gave me the idea to write a series of poems, which would be my rocks. Something I can pass on to my children and their children. Real-life stories of how Jesus met a young girl from Southern Illinois with a head full of curls in sunny California and flipped her world upsidedown.

Writing poems as a means of helping my heart find words to its feelings is something I do quite regularly with Jesus. I just don't always share them. However, this time I hear His whispers and see the big 'old smile plastered on His face and cheesy thumbs up he's putting in mine, as he tells me to share.

So, as you read the several posts following you'll be journeying past my pile of rocks. I pray these words would help you remember how God has met you time and time again. I pray you'd be filled with hope and expectation knowing he desires to do it again. I pray if there is something I've walked through which you need or desire, the God of Breakthrough would do the same in you.

Mostly, I pray you'd meet Him again and again. I pray you'd never stop meeting the Man with holes in his hands. I pray the person of Jesus would speak to you, comfort your heart, and fill you with courgae. I pray grace would come off my words to strengthen you to surrender and turn aside to Him all over again.


My friend, Jesus, would you come close to the ones reading this. Would you show up and break any boxes we may try to hold you in. Please hold them in your strong, overwhelming love, and remind them what you have to say about them. Amen.



All for you Jesus.


Ps. Here is a sweet song about remembering by Steffany Gretzinger. Give it a listen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1azGmqJN7ok&list=RDTFtFhVKeFpA&index=5

Comments

Popular Posts