He's the C L O S E Kind of God






Today seems like the perfect day to release a project Jesus and I have been dreaming about for some time now. I sure am glad he rose up out of that grave. And man oh man, it keeps getting better. We get to live in the promise of his Holy Spirit. Yay! He really is the close kind of God.

However, growing up I didn't believe that. It wasn't that I was taught he was far away, I just wasn't aware of his companionship. I didn't realize he was the always-right-by-my-side-kind-of-God. But man, am I thankful he is!

The journey of shortening the gap of reality and my belief systems have been the result of walking with him for years. However, in the last three years, I've intentionally spent time growing in communion with the Lord. Communion, that is doing life aware that God is with me.

As a result, I sat down with God and created what I've called "An Interactive Guide to Intimacy with the King." It was birthed after remembering it took years of hard work to get to know my friend Jesus like I do now. I don't think it was supposed to be that challenging. After all, we were made to commune with him.  My hope is this file would prompt you to live more aware of him. That it would remind you how much you already know him, and how close he really is to you.

This volume is all about knowing God as our Lover. I believe it is one of the core foundations of experiencing intimacy with Jesus. Yes, he is Shephard, Lord, Friend, King, and Father. But, he also is Lover.

If you chose to dive into this study, I pray your heart comes alive, you are romanced by the Living God, and there is a fresh excitement on the inside to spend every waking moment with The One who gives it to you.

In it, you will find an introduction, a "meet the creator" page (That's me :D), several question-prompts, meditations, and scriptures. To access the document, simply click the link below. You can choose to download it, print it off and write on it directly, or use it digitally and interact with the prompts in your journal, which I recommend.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dhk9LAKarWFQbRmUdQrFT74i0CNhitKa/view?usp=sharing

Here's a sampler for you:
"Jesus, come close. 

He likes invitations, but He sure doesn’t need them. Begin to open your heart, still your mind, and let your spirit wander the unified space of reality you occupy with the King of Kings. As you become aware of your union, His closeness, just invite Him to come even closer. 

You can use these words or ones of your own; “Jesus, thanks for your nearness. Thank you for being the One who remains. Thank you for being Emmanuel, the King who stays with me through it all. God, would you be so kind as to come in tighter? Fill the air. Flood my heart. Take all the space you want. Would you help me become aware of Your presence?”

As He nestles in, notice the rest within your soul. Pay attention as your heart wakes up. This, right here, is where you were designed to live. It’s called communion."

I hope you have so much fun on this journey with God. If you have any questions or testimonies, I would love to hear from you at cassidy.maynard5@gmail.com.

Much love & many, many blessing,
Cas


••••

Extra, extra read all about it:
Looking for a new journal? These are my absolute favorites: https://shop.cagelessbirds.com/collections/leather-goods
Looking for songs to journal to? Try this playlist I created: shorturl.at/eftU1

Comments

Popular Posts